Shock Service & Tuning
We are based out of Loomis, CA and do shock servicing and tuning for Northern California. We currently only service aftermarket off-road, truck, and RZR shocks from these brands: ADS, King, FOX, Radflo, Bilstein (not factory), Walker Evans, Sway-a-Way (*extremely hard for us to get parts*), Icon, Donahoe, RZR Fox IBP shocks. See below for pricing information.
ROCK & ROAD HAS THE TECHNOLOGY TO:
- Service + Repair Damaged, Leaking, or Broken shocks – From bent shafts, worn seals, and dented bodies, we have a wide selection of factory repair parts to bring your shocks back to new.
- Re-valve & Tune your Worn Shocks – A decades worth of experience tuning and testing dampers, allows us to make your shocks work their best.
- Shock + Spring Calculations - Unsure of what shocks or springs to purchase? Give us a call and we can help you decide and place the order directly with our vendors.
- Mobile Shock Tuning – Our mobile shock trailer allows us to meet you at Prairie City or other OHV sites for specific tuning needs for your Ultra4 race car or off-road rig. Please call for availability and pricing for mobile tuning. Starting at $800.
- Dealers of: ADS, Radflo, Eibach, King, Fox, Bilstein, Walker Evans
Here’s a price breakdown for you to get a better idea of what you will be spending. Our standard turn-around time is generally 3-5 business days UNLESS a non-standard service item needs replacing, such as bent or damaged shaft, damaged seal head bearing or wear band, etc. In this case (which is quite often), it depends on vendor availability and shipping time for the new part.
**All shocks must be removed from the vehicle before arriving for service. **
- $43.75 each: Disassembly and inspection of shock. Fee is then credited if you move forward with shock service.
Offroad Shock Service:
- $85 each: Emulsion Shock Service Labor: Air shocks, bump stops, smoothies, coil overs, IFP (not including seals + oil)
- $110 each: Remote Reservoir Shock Service Labor (not including seals + oil)
- $135 each: Clicker/IBP Shock Service Labor (not including seals + oil)
- $150 each: Bypass/Live Valve Shock Service Labor (not including seals + oil)
Seal Kits + Oil:
- $45-50 each: Seal Kit per shock
- $25 per quart of Oil: most shocks take between half a quart to 4 quarts of oil per shock
Shock Cleaning Fee:
- $25 each: Shocks that are covered in excess dirt and grease that require more than minimal cleaning will be subject to a shock cleaning fee per shock. Please clean shocks thoroughly prior to service to avoid this fee.
Spring Removal Fee:
- $25 each
- $10 each: For Valving changes with Shock Service
- $50 each: For Valving changes without Shock Service
Additional Labor Fees (does not include parts):