FJ40 Suspension Build #2 After Pics
FJ40 Build #2 AFTER
See before pics here.
Overall vehicle specs:
- Chevy 350
- NV4500 Transmission
- Atlas 2 Speed transfer case
- Solid high pinon dana 60 rear axle
- Kingpin Chevy low piñon dana 60 front axle
- 40” Maxix Creepy Crawlers tires
Here’s what we did:
- Removed 4' of the frame in front and 4' in back and replaced with tubular frame (2" 120 wall in front and 1.75" 120 wall in rear)
- Motor mounts
- Transmission mount
- Beefy trusses front and rear
- Full hydraulic steering behind the axle
- Front and rear double triangulated 4 link set up with custom crossmembers and link tabs
- 14” 2.0 Fox coilovers
- ADS bump stops (added later)
- Antirock swaybar
This is a similar build to the last classic FJ40 that came in the shop. Take a look here.
Since finishing the build, the customer has taken it wheeling and says it drives itself. He went from back of the pack to leading the pack!